This has been a crazy week at Casa Chaos with me going back to work and the kids settling into another new routine. I thought we were all adapting and told myself by next week it should be good – well as good as it can ever be with 4 young boys.
I will admit that I may not always be the most patient mother, especially in the mornings before (and during) coffee, but my children (2 in particular) could really test the patience of a saint at times.
Whenever I tell someone I have 4 boys, within seconds this response follows
“4 boys really?? You going to try for the girl?? oh….well… you are lucky boys are SO much easier than girls.”
I laugh and change the subject thinking about how nuts my house is 24/7.
Lately my “older” twin M has been a little moody. Not sure if it is the terrible 6s, a mid-life crisis or maybe his room isn’t zen enough. Ever since the womb, M has been either hot or cold. There is no in between with him.
One minute he will tell me he loves me SOOO much and the next he’ll tell us he wants to live alone.
I remember the first time M yelled I hate you!!! It was like a kick to the stomach.
How could my M, my little Bugman, say such a thing to me HIS OWN MOTHER???!!!! I carried him AND his brother for 37 1/2 weeks and gained 80 pounds! I have done everything for him and he has the nerve to hate me?????
I remember telling Mrs. Jeter and she laughed and said her son tells her that all the time. Other friends told me the same thing and after a while I got over the hurt.
Now M says it to me almost daily so the words don’t sting or even phase me – mostly. Once in a while it gets to me and instead of ignoring it, I tell him to go find a new mommy. I have even offered to help him pick one out from the
“New Mommy Catalog.”
A week or so ago, M and I were arguing over something “important” (probably chicken nuggets or juice) when he got really upset and yelled YOU ARE THE MEANEST MOMMY EVER!!!!
Gasp – say what????!!
I can’t remember what set M off that day but I gave him some time to cool off. I didn’t bother him or try to talk to him until he had calmed down. A little while later he came over, sniffling and wiping tears, and told me he was sorry and he loved me and I was the best mommy.
So sweet right??
Well since then M has told me at least 5 or so more times that I am a “mean mommy” so I thought I would make a list of all the mean things I do and share it with my friends in blogosphere.
In no particular order, here are M’s reasons why I am THE meanest Mommy ever:
1) I always make him take a shower/bath when he is playing Legos
2) All I ever make is chicken and chicken is dumb
3) He is never allowed to have soda and Mommy and Daddy drink it and it’s just NOT FAIR
4) I refused to buy him the $400 Death Star Lego and some other random $50 Star Wars ship at a recent trip to Target
5) How dare I pick him up from after care and not bring snacks with me
6) When M is in time out, I don’t allow him to have a cookie or watch tv
7) I always make him get dressed for school when he is watching tvf
8) We never have any good snacks, he is sick and tired of Cheez Its, Goldfish, cookies and crackers they are SO BORING
9) M wants to live alone because our house is too loud and messy
10) OMG how could I not have jean shorts for him to wear to school today???!
This list is just from the past week or so, and as you can see, I am THE meanest mom alive! Poor M, he has no idea what he is in for in the years to come (lol).
Enjoy your Thursday!!
ps – This list is just from the past 2 weeks, I am sure I will update it soon🙂