Happy Hump Day!!! Can you believe it is already Wednesday and halfway to the weekend??
Yesterday’s post was a little serious so I thought today I’d lighten it up a little. Sound good? Great!
For those of you who do not know me, I am a mom to four boys, twins who are 9, a 7yo and my baby who is 5.
Families with 4 children are not the norm anymore so when people find out I have 4 kids AND that they’re all boys, it usually leads to a stunned look and/or a gasp.
Inevitably questions follow so today I thought I’d share and answer some of my favorite questions from the past 9 years – please note these are in no specific order and I have been asked every single one of them
- No I am not trying to start my own (insert sport) team
- Why yes it is always “fun” at my house, you should stop over sometime without calling first
- OMG yes I know how LUCKY I am to have four boys and not girls. After all, girls are SO much harder to raise than boys and I will be SO happy when they are teenagers
- Yes, twins run in my family
- Of course they are all best friends (see #2)
- No actually they do not ALL play sports but we still love them anyway
- Yes I know, my food bill will sky-rocket but for now it’s ok since they exist on Elios pizza, Eggo chocolate chip pancakes and chicken nuggets
- No I am not trying for the girl – you know how old I am right?
- Yes I am the “queen” of my household and treated as such (again see #2)
- Nope, I did not plan on having 4 children, I do not come from a large family and no, before having kids I didn’t really like kids
- Yes, the blond one is mine and as a matter of fact, his dad DOES have blond hair
- Yup they are all mine – would I voluntarily take 4 boys out if they were not related to me?
- Hmmm, it’s hard to say if boys “run in my family” – they do now!
- No, it’s NEVER quiet
- Yes, there were (and still are) lots of hand me downs but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love to buy something cute and girly
- I don’t know if I really save a lot on clothes but I do get away with only buying 1 pair of sneakers for them
- Yes, I know it is very sad that I was never blessed with a girl but I am sure God feels differently (this was said to me in the Carters outlet when the twins were 3 months old)
- At this point it is hard to imagine any of them taking care of me in my old age but I guess I have a 1 in 4 chance
- Nope, no drama in my house. I must have dreamed the episode this morning when I was told that I am no fun ever! or when the tears started because I said it was time to take a shower
- Oh I know I will get to have my own “daughters” when the boys grow up and get married. You know how much women LOVE their mothers-in-law
- Thank you but I am SOOOOO not managing it or “doing it”, really I am just faking it (wink wink)
Thanks for reading.